LIBRARY ASSISTANT / YOUTH SERVICES (part-time, 25-28 hours per week)
Geneva Public Library District seeks a proactive, collaborative individual to join our team as a part-time Youth Library Assistant. We pride ourselves on connecting with our community to discover, inspire and grow and delivering service at the level of WOW! Under the general supervision of the Youth Services Manager, the Library Assistant provides direct service to the public through reference and readers’ advisory service and programming for children birth – grade 8, and contributes to creating a positive environment and enthusiasm about the Library. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who uses technology confidently and routinely, has a passion for customer service, great attention to detail and a drive to provide excellent early childhood learning opportunities for the community.
Qualifications for Position:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to move from task to task
- Experience, ability and interest in working with children
- Reads broadly in areas of interest to youth, their caregivers and educators
- LTA certificate or B.A./B.S., preferred
- 2 years library experience preferred
Starting salary is $17.04 per hour. This position receives Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) benefits and pro-rated paid time off.
Availability to work days, evenings and weekends is required. (Starting schedule: Monday 9a-2pm, Wednesday 9am-2pm, Thursday 1pm-9pm, Friday 9am-5pm + a weekend rotation once per month Sat 9am-5pm / Sunday 12pm-5pm)
Applications accepted until position filled; review of completed applications begins April 7, 2017.
Please submit cover letter, resume and application to: Kristi Miller, Manager, Youth Services at HR-YSLibAsst@gpld.org
See RAILS for other library job postings.